In 1920, the pioneer Primo Capraro raised by the side of the Correntoso River , on the same place the current hotel is now located, a modest establishment entirely made of “machimbrada” wood and cypress tile roofs. It was composed of five rooms with a capacity of up to 30 people. It worked until the late ’40s.
In 1932 the first radiotelegraph office was inaugurated, being the first institutional community event which gathered the neighbors.
The Creation of the Nahuel Huapi National Park, in 1934, set the starting point for the transformation of the area into a tourist attraction Center. Exequiel Bustillo, being the president of the institution, propelled the necessary works to accede to the beauties of our landscapes.
One of the most important improvements were made in the infrastructure, as the construction of the current national route 231, in 1994, which links our town with the rest of the country and which was until then, only a footprint called ” the Horseshoe Path”.
Since then our town has been growing and developing until it has become this beautiful town we share today.